Do you ruminate about leading people at work? Join my (nearly) monthly newsletter!
In each issue, members receive my analysis and insight on a management topic. Sometimes I add references to stories, films -- and more -- that illuminate useful principles for people who manage people at work. Issues may include:
- Audio of my conversation with a practitioner or expert, usually exclusive to the newsletter. (Here are some samples.)
- My analysis of headline-grabbing clickbait about the workplace, some of which we should just ignore.
- Vetted, practical resources on key management principles or best practices.
- Links to thoughtful people who are doing, writing, and making things about management.
- Articles, posts and recommendations from subscribers.
You learn to manage people In Real Life
; reading is a supplement. My newsletters don't feature many (any?) business best-sellers: there are other voices that amplify the deep creativity you can bring to the work of managing people.
There's no public archive. #transgressive
Join me, and your welcome email will contain a link to the most recent issue, #29, Summer Reading
. This time, my audio conversation features Gary Chou
and Kirsten Lambertsen
on books that have influenced them at work. (And as it turns out, neither of them recommended an actual book, which was fine by me!)
P.S. Become a supporting member of my newsletter
. While I'm iterating on "features," at this point supporting members receive more in-depth analysis on management in the news -- and I just launched monthly Office Hours, opening my calendar one day a month for 1:1 conversation with supporting members.
* indicates required